In the realm of hair transplants, one name stands out as a beacon of proficiency: Dr. Hiram Abif Espinosa Custodio, the esteemed Medical Director of Instituto Médico del Prado. With a remarkable educational background and an impressive array of credentials, his journey to success has been paved with unwavering dedication and a tireless pursuit of excellence. Join us as we delve into the extraordinary odyssey of this distinguished practitioner, whose artistry and unwavering commitment have garnered global recognition.
Dr. Espinosa Custodio embarked on his medical voyage at the prestigious Universidad Juárez Autónoma de Tabasco in Mexico, where he earned his degree in Medicine and Surgery. Driven by an insatiable thirst for knowledge, he subsequently set his sights on Spain, specializing in Family and Community Medicine under the auspices of the Ministry of Health of the Principality of Asturias. However, his ardor for aesthetic medicine soon set ablaze a new chapter in his career.
Revered as one of the world’s foremost young hair surgeons, Dr. Espinosa Custodio is renowned for his comprehensive approach to hair transplant surgeries. His involvement spans the entire process, from meticulous extraction to skillful implantation, while also providing the initial diagnosis and assessment consultation. Notably, he goes above and beyond by offering a written guarantee of results and ensuring postoperative follow-ups until patients are fully discharged.
Dr. Espinosa Custodio holds himself and his team to the highest standards of quality, employing a stringent protocol that guarantees exceptional outcomes. Every member of his operating room staff possesses relevant medical and nursing qualifications, having undergone personalized training under the watchful eye of the doctor himself. With a focus on precision and care, he meticulously performs sessions involving approximately 1,200 follicular units per day, painstakingly selecting the direction, depth, and placement of each graft. This method not only minimizes the possibility of human error but also ensures the survival and optimal positioning of every individual hair follicle.
Recognitions and Collaborations
Dr. Espinosa Custodio’s remarkable contributions have earned him accolades and affiliations with esteemed organizations. Notably, he is recognized by the IAHRS and served as a founding faculty member of the esteemed Global Hair Loss Summit in 2020. Furthermore, his esteemed memberships include FUE EUROPE, SEME, SERECAP, and SEMERETEC. These affiliations serve as a testament to his unwavering commitment to advancing the field and collaborating with fellow experts.
Beyond his remarkable clinical practice, Dr. Espinosa Custodio assumes the role of a revered educator. He serves as a professor in the Master’s Degree in Hair Transplant program at the Catholic University of San Antonio de Murcia (UCAM), where he graciously imparts his wealth of knowledge to aspiring doctors from all corners of the globe. His commitment to sharing expertise and fostering the growth of future hair surgeons further solidifies his standing as a distinguished authority in the field.
As a testament to his consummate skill and artistry, Dr. Espinosa Custodio expertly navigates the intricate process of hair transplants, ensuring that the final results align harmoniously with the aspirations of his patients. With a wealth of knowledge and an unwavering commitment to excellence, he stands as a beacon of expertise in the field, transforming lives one follicle at a time.
Non-shaving capillary transplant in Madrid
Dr. Espinosa Custodio’s Capillary Clinic in Madrid proudly offers a non-shaving capillary transplant service, providing patients with the opportunity to undergo a hair graft intervention without shaving the entire head.
Non-shaving capillary transplant with the FUE technique involves the extraction of follicles without shaving the entire head, specifically targeting the ‘curtain’ or ‘flaps’ of hair. In this approach, only a portion of the occipital area (donor area) is shaved, concealing it with the existing hair until regrowth. The rest of the scalp remains unshaved, ensuring a discreet transplant and significantly reducing the downtime for social and work reintegration.
This technique is particularly suitable for patients who:
- Require fewer than 2,500 grafts.
- Present localized alopecia rather than diffuse hair loss.
- Seek a gradual change in appearance and desire a transplant that goes unnoticed.
During the consultation, Dr. Espinosa Custodio evaluates the candidacy for non-shaving capillary transplant, considering the technical complexities involved and the necessity for patients to have sufficiently long hair. It’s crucial to note that postoperative care requires special attention to ensure proper follicle adherence to the recipient area.
This non-shaving capillary transplant technique is applicable to both men and women, provided they have sufficiently long hair. The follicles extracted using the FUE technique without shaving are implanted using the DHI technique.
Hair transplant without shaving with FUSS technique
While Dr. Espinosa Custodio prefers the FUE technique for its superior results, the FUSS technique remains an option for patients who wish to undergo a hair implant without shaving their hair entirely. This technique involves extracting a strip of skin from the occipital area, from which individual follicles are subsequently implanted in the recipient area.
Special care for non-shaven FUE
Patients opting for this procedure should take special care in the recipient area where the new follicles are implanted, especially when combing the non-transplanted hair. Dr. Espinosa Custodio and his team prioritize patient satisfaction and safety, ensuring a personalized approach to each capillary transplant procedure.
Hair transplant restoration
At Instituto Médico del Prado, we cater to a diverse range of patients, spanning various age groups, all seeking Dr. Espinosa Custodio’s expertise to address their hair-related concerns. Some patients come to us after undergoing a hair transplant elsewhere, dissatisfied with the results and seeking improvement. In such cases, we offer specialized solutions through our hair transplant restoration services.
Hair transplant restoration process:
- Diagnosis with the Doctor: In the initial assessment, Dr. Espinosa Custodio conducts a comprehensive study of the patient’s hair situation. Utilizing the Hairmetrix by Canfield, a smart dermatoscope, he analyzes density in different head areas, examines the follicle phase, and assesses any miniaturization. This diagnostic tool helps determine the patient’s candidacy for a hair transplant.
- Medication and Treatments: Dr. Espinosa Custodio often prescribes oral medication combined with intradermal treatments to prepare for upcoming surgery. While these drugs won’t generate new follicles in long-lost areas, they enhance the health of existing ones. Over time, follicles gain thickness, contributing to higher survival rates in the donor area and promoting increased density in the recipient area. Intradermal treatments like Mesotherapy or Platelet-Rich Plasma may also be recommended.
- Hair Transplant Restoration: If deemed suitable for a hair transplant, Dr. Espinosa Custodio schedules the procedure. Performing a transplant after a previous surgery poses additional challenges, given the stress on the donor area and scarred tissue. The surgeon’s skill becomes crucial, with limited follicle selection requiring precise implantation for optimal results. Following the process, lasting around 18 months, the patient can expect improved hair conditions by adhering to the doctor’s recommendations and aftercare instructions.
- Hair Restoration Surgery Price: The cost of hair restoration surgery is higher compared to the initial hair transplant. Pricing for beard, scars, eyebrows, and minisessions or small surgeries begins at 5€ per follicle unit.
- Hair Micropigmentation: As an alternative or complement to hair transplant, micropigmentation involves injecting pigments under the skin, creating the illusion of increased hair density. This must be performed by a certified professional, ensuring the patient isn’t allergic to the ink used, and employing high-quality, certified pigments to match the natural hair tone.”
At Instituto Médico del Prado, we prioritize comprehensive solutions to address diverse hair-related concerns and provide our patients with the best possible outcomes.
Address: Calle Moreto, 5 Bajo Izq. 28014 Madrid