Dr. Bessam Farjo is a British hair transplant surgeon known for his expertise in hair restoration surgery. Along with his wife, Dr. Nilofer Farjo, he co-founded the Farjo Hair Institute in the United Kingdom. The institute is renowned for its services in hair transplantation and treatments for hair loss.
Dr. Bessam Farjo is recognized internationally and has contributed to advancements in the field of hair restoration. His work involves surgical procedures such as follicular unit extraction (FUE) and follicular unit transplantation (FUT).
Dr. Bessam Farjo is a prominent hair transplant surgeon known for his career in the field of hair restoration. Here are some key aspects of Dr. Bessam Farjo’s career based on general knowledge:
- Co-Founder of Farjo Hair Institute: Dr. Bessam Farjo, along with his wife Dr. Nilofer Farjo, co-founded the Farjo Hair Institute in the United Kingdom. The institute is recognized for its expertise in hair transplantation and is involved in providing surgical and non-surgical treatments for hair loss.
- Hair Transplantation Expertise: Dr. Farjo is known for his expertise in hair transplant procedures, including both follicular unit extraction (FUE) and follicular unit transplantation (FUT). These techniques involve the extraction and transplantation of individual hair follicles to restore natural hair growth.
- Contributions to the Field: Dr. Bessam Farjo has contributed to advancements in the field of hair restoration surgery. His work may include research, publications, and participation in professional conferences and forums related to hair transplantation.
Clinic and practice
Dr. Bessam Farjo is associated with the Farjo Hair Institute, a renowned hair transplant clinic based in the United Kingdom. The Farjo Hair Institute is known for its expertise in hair restoration and offers a range of surgical and non-surgical treatments for individuals experiencing hair loss.
Key points about the Farjo Hair Institute:
- Location: The institute has multiple locations, including clinics in Manchester and London, United Kingdom.
- Services: The Farjo Hair Institute provides various services related to hair restoration, including follicular unit extraction (FUE), follicular unit transplantation (FUT), and other surgical and non-surgical interventions for hair loss.
- Founders: Dr. Bessam Farjo and his wife, Dr. Nilofer Farjo, co-founded the Farjo Hair Institute.
Contributions to the Field
Dr. Bessam Farjo has made notable contributions to the field of hair restoration surgery.
Dr. Bessam Farjo has been involved in advancing techniques in hair transplantation, including both follicular unit extraction (FUE) and follicular unit transplantation (FUT). These techniques involve the extraction and transplantation of individual hair follicles to achieve natural-looking results.
Differences between strip FUT and FUE hair transplantation
FUE Transplantation: The primary distinction between FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) and Strip FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) lies in the method of harvesting donor hair. When the graft quality is consistent, the extraction method should not impact the final appearance of the transplant.
- In FUE, individual follicular unit grafts are extracted using 0.8-1.0mm ‘drill bits,’ either manually or mechanically. This results in numerous tiny dot scars rather than a linear scar.
- While FUE leaves scars that are barely noticeable, it is not entirely ‘scarless.’
- FUE is more time-consuming than Strip FUT because it involves spreading extractions over a larger scalp area. This limitation significantly reduces the number of grafts available for transplantation in a single session compared to the ‘strip’ method used in Strip FUT.
- FUE is ideal for individuals who prefer very short hairstyles or those with hair types that allow visibility of the scalp.
Strip FUT Transplantation: At the Farjo Hair Institute, we employ Ultra-Refined Follicular Unit Transplantation, considered the pinnacle of hair transplant surgery. This technique utilizes stereoscopic dissecting microscopes to extract root hairs from the permanent donor area at the back or sides of the scalp, relocating them to bald or thinning areas at the top.
- The transplanted hair grows naturally on a permanent or long-term basis.
- Follicular units, ranging from 1 to 4 hairs (average 2.2), are kept intact during transplantation, ensuring a higher survival rate and a more natural-looking outcome.
- Precision is maintained at the hairline, positioning individual hairs to prevent the development of a visible ‘pattern.’ The direction and angle of natural hair growth in that area are followed, resulting in an entirely natural appearance.
- The final result appears completely natural, with only you and those you choose to inform being aware of the procedure.
Is FUE right for you?
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is a harvesting technique where individual grafts are extracted or ‘drilled’ from a shaved area of the donor scalp. Although scars are produced, they manifest as subtle dots scattered over a wide area, allowing concealment even with a cropped haircut. FUE is especially suitable for individuals who prefer shorter hairstyles, like a No.1 or No.2 cut, or have hair characteristics that make the scalp easily visible. However, a personal consultation is recommended to ensure it is the right treatment for you.
Your Step-by-Step FUE treatment:
Consultation and Decision:
After discussing your hair loss and treatment options with our experts, if you choose FUE, you schedule an appointment for your treatment.
- Up to 2,500 follicular unit grafts can be safely transferred in a single session, lasting most of the day. Additional sessions may be scheduled on consecutive days for higher graft numbers.
- If a significant number of grafts are required, the entire back and sides of the scalp will be shaved on the treatment day.
Morning of surgery:
- Your hair transplant surgeon discusses the plan with you, finalizing the area to receive the hairs on your scalp.
- A mild sedative and local anesthetic are administered in both the donor and recipient areas.
- Graft extraction begins using 0.8mm – 1.0mm ‘drill bits’ manually or mechanically.
- Instead of a linear donor scar, numerous small dot scars are left.
Recipient area preparation:
- The surgeon creates sites for hair grafts in the recipient area using tiny needles or blades, controlling hairline design, distribution, direction, angles, and orientation.
- Technicians insert harvested grafts into pre-made sites, ensuring they blend seamlessly with the natural characteristics of your original hair.
- Densely packing at a rate of 35-50 grafts per square centimeter, we aim for a maximum hair survival rate of 85-90%.
- No bandages or dressings are typically required.
- Due to the nature of FUE, there may be a higher rate of hair transection and potential wastage.
- Extra care is needed to ensure graft survival during your departure from the clinic.
Within half an hour of the treatment ending, you can leave for home. It is advisable not to drive; consider arranging alternative transportation.
With our expertise at every stage, we aim to produce virtually undetectable results even under close scrutiny.
Address: 152 Harley Street, Marylebone, LondonW1G 7LH